General Race Rules
Violation of any of the following rules will result in disqualification:
- All participants must wear USCG approved Personal Flotation Devices at all times when on the water.
- Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21.
- No alcohol allowed in boats.
- Inner tubes or similar, circular float tubes are not allowed, even in Unlimited class.
- No pets allowed in boats.
- Racers must provide assistance to other boaters in distress or danger.
- Racers may not intentionally interfere with another boat’s progress.
- Propulsion must be human powered, and be provided only by a canoe or kayak paddle as is appropriate for the class. Exceptions may be made for the type of paddle by the Race Director for the Novice Unlimited class.
- Race Director can combine classes in which there are fewer than three (3) teams/competitors.
- Race Director determinations regarding boat specifications or classifications are final.